Should I Get an Electric, Gas or Diesel Forklift?
Electric, Gas or Diesel?
In 2023, we have every kind of forklift imaginable. This range of fuel types means that there’s something for everyone.
But which one should you buy in 2023, an electric, gas or diesel forklift? Today we will weigh the pros and cons of each forklift type.
Let’s jump right in and see which forklift is right for you.
As you can see, electric forklifts do have their advantages. In particular, their clean and eco-friendly operation. However, they do come with a larger upfront cost.
- Electric forklifts are battery-powered which can sometimes make multi-shift operation slightly tricky. With charging and cooling periods, electric forklifts are slightly less practical in this sense
- Electric forklifts do not give off harmful emissions like diesel and gas forklifts. With many businesses making the move to be environmentally friendly, electric forklifts could be your way in.
New 3W EP CPD20L2 Lithium Electric Forklift (#4121)From £100 +VAT Per Week
£29,769Exc VAT View
New EP CPD15TVL Lithium Electric Forklift (#4442)From £86 +VAT Per Week £21,417 Exc VAT View
New EP EFL181 Lithium Electric Forklift DUPLEX – (#4270)From £90 +VAT Per Week £19,552 Exc VAT View
Gas forklifts are the cheapest to buy upfront out of electric, gas and diesel forklifts. However, they also have the highest maintenance costs out of the three and require a winter service.
- Cheapest upfront cost out of electric, gas and diesel forklift models.
- Reduced noise levels when operating. This cuts down on noise pollution in your workplace.
- With the fluctuating prices of fossil fuels, running costs for a gas forklift can go up and down.
CAT GP18N USED GAS FORKLIFT (#4606) THIS IS NOW SOLD (A)From £48 +VAT Per Week £10,950 Exc VAT View
CAT GP18N USED GAS FORKLIFT (#4607) THIS IS NOW SOLD (A)From £48 +VAT Per Week £10,950 Exc VAT View
TOYOTA 02-8FGF25 USED GAS FORKLIFT (#4678) this is now sold (b)From £55 +VAT Per Week
£13,950Exc VAT View
Diesel forklifts are the last type we have to compare. Fuel efficient and with a higher shelf life, let’s review some of the key points.
- Diesel forklifts are known to have better performance than gas and electric forklifts.
- The operation is also known to be noisy and potentially disruptive to your working environment.
- They are primarily suited to outdoor use. If used indoors, proper ventilation is a requirement for safety.
CAT DP18N USED DIESEL FORKLIFT – 4750MM LIFT (#4417) THIS IS NOW SOLDFrom £46 +VAT Per Week
£12,950Exc VAT View
CAT DP25N USED DIESEL FORKLIFT (#4655) THIS IS NOW SOLD (H)From £51 +VAT Per Week
£12,750Exc VAT View
NEW NEXEN FGL35 DIESEL FORKLIFT (#4448) THIS IS NOW SOLD (A)From £108 +VAT Per Week
£27,950Exc VAT View
Which Will It Be?
You’ve seen all the pros and cons. Now, it’s time to make your choice.