Diesel Forklift Buying Guide for 2023
Diesel forklifts are still a popular choice in 2023. Diesel is the original fuel source for forklifts and remains the top choice of warehouses everywhere.
In the final of our three buying guides, we will give you all the answers you need to confidently purchase a diesel forklift.
Why Choose a Diesel Forklift?
Whilst the diesel forklift is the best for outdoor use, it does come with increased emissions and noise pollution.
Who Suits Diesel Forklifts and Who Doesn’t?
For outdoor use, a diesel forklift is a smart investment. In the agriculture and logistics environments, a diesel forklift is ideal.
Using Diesel Fuel
Diesel forklifts use red diesel and have the same refuelling process as gas/LPG forklifts.
How to Refuel a Diesel Forklift
1. Close the valve on the cylinder
2. Turn off the forklift (ignition)
3. Protect your hands with disposable gloves
4. Disconnect the holding straps
5. Disconnect the hose
6. Lift the cylinder
7. Replace the cylinder by putting the locating pin through the hole on the cylinder handle (the valve will point upwards when seated)
8. Re-connect the holding straps
9. Check the vehicle for leaks (open the valve around halfway)
10. If there are no leaks, you can secure the cylinder and start the forklift
Where Can I Buy a Diesel Forklift?
For the best prices on diesel forklifts in 2023, we’ve got you covered.
In-store or online, our staff will be able to answer all of your questions.