Gas Forklift Buying Guide for 2023
Gas forklifts are still a popular choice in many sectors. But what should you look for when buying a gas forklift?
The second in our series of buying guides are the gas forklift buying guide for 2023. We’re covering everything to help you add to your forklift fleet.
Why Choose a Gas Forklift?
A gas forklift is the cheapest upfront yet the most expensive for fuel costs. Its other notable advantages include its versatility and its quiet operation.
Who Suits Gas Forklifts and Who Doesn’t?
Gas forklifts suit everyone, as they are suitable for indoor and outdoor use as well as being highly manoeuvrable.
Using Gas/LPG Fuel
Gas forklifts are powered by LPG (liquid petroleum gas). The refuelling process must be done with the correct protective equipment to ensure the safety of the operator.
How to Refuel an LPG Forklift
1.Close the valve on the cylinder
2. Turn off the forklift (ignition)
3. Protect your hands with disposable gloves
4. Disconnect the holding straps
5. Disconnect the hose
6. Lift the cylinder
7. Replace the cylinder by putting the locating pin through the hole on the cylinder handle (the valve will point upwards when seated)
8. Re-connect the holding straps
9. Check the vehicle for leaks (open the valve around halfway)
10. If there are no leaks, you can secure the cylinder and start the forklift
Where Can I Buy a Gas Forklift?
At Trucks Direct, we stock a number of gas forklifts available to purchase outright or on finance.
You can see the full selection online or in-store, or contact a member of our team to find the model for you.